Posted by: Tags: Hartford CT | Categories: Elegant Wedding Receptions
Need some advice on planning elegant weddings on small budgets in the greater Hartford area? Savvy brides do not have to sacrifice style in order to achieve their dream wedding. First and foremost, be realistic about your budget. Make a list of the 'must-haves' and consider making changes that are more in line with your personality as a couple. Depending on your source and location, "average" weddings run between $25,000 and $33,000. Couples are generally waiting until they are older before getting married, and may be expected to pay for their own weddings these days. With creative planning, you may be able to substitute high end features with fun alternatives.
Here are our tips to planning your wedding on a budget:
1. Be flexible with dates. Saturday is always the most desired, you may save money by planning your wedding on a Sunday or Friday.
2. Limit your guest list. Be realistic and don't invite people out of obligation.
3. Skip the full bar and serve beer and wine instead.
4. DIY, get creative and decorate with re-purposed home items such as mason jars.
5. Pick a few absolute musts and skip on the extras.
For more creative ways to plan your elegant wedding while maintaining a level of elegance, contact the Nutmeg Restaurant and Banquet Facility. We are your elegant wedding experts. 860-627-7094.